Monday, January 4, 2016

Inspirational Song of the Week: Someone New by Hozier


Weekly I like to share a song that has inspired or comforted me at some point in my life. Sometimes they work over and over again and other times they are simply played at the right moment in time.

Hozier burst into my musical reverie with "Take Me to Church" & seems to continue in his orbit. Currently I am adoring "Someone New". Many of his songs are romantic or sexual in nature and while that alone is usually enough to pique my interest, the poetry of the lyrics is what really does it for me. From this one I love:



I fall in love just a little ol' little bit
Every day with someone new

There's an art to life's distractions
To somehow escape the burning weight
The art of scraping through

My husband and I have often joked during of the harder times in our lives that as long as we had each other, nothing else mattered. While it was mostly true, the distractions in life make it pass more smoothly without driving away your partner. Scraping through life had its charm at one time and I remember the immensity of the emotions whenever we got to experience something different than the hum-drum that got us from day to day.

What do you think about this song? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment